So Shane’s deadly sins link-up is so amazing that I wish I’d come up with it myself! Alas, I didn’t. I am, however, sharing my seven deadly sins with you today! It’s so Halloween-seasony of me. Break out Hocus Pocus, chew your way through a caramel apple, and join in the fun! It’s rather clever, really.
Seven Great Things in Your Life
1. I keep a rather amazing circle of friends. I wish that for everyone.
2. My memories are rich with happiness and laughter. I’m learning more and more how fortunate I am for that.
3. I’ve got this great, big family. And we drive each other nuts, we crack way too many inappropriate jokes, and we go out of our ways to see each other. Which is saying something, isn’t it?
4. I’m not going to lie. I’m pretty proud of my closet. I like it a lot.
5. I love my job. It’s crazy busy all of the time and stresses me out on a regular basis, but I love it. Love it.
6. My cats. I get it. Everyone has a special, weird, crazy bond with their pets. And yes, I do, too. Baci and Misha are more than cats. They are family.
7. You see, I married this guy. He’s my best friend. And that is pretty great.
Seven Things You Lack and Covet
1. Wouldn’t it be nice to slow down time? Goodness, I covet more time than anything else.
2. A house. A big yard. A two-car garage. And a window over my kitchen sink. Living in a townhouse can suck sometimes.
3. An iron-clad immune system. I seem to be sick all of the time. It is draining!
4. A wee bit of social extroversion. I’m so awkward in crowds. I envy people who just shine in social situations.
5. A good, everyday lipstick. Have yet to find one.
6. Compassion. I try. I just have a hard time with this one. It gets me in trouble, too.
7. You know those people who are entirely debt-free and have a bunch of money in the bank? Yeah, I envy them. I envy those people who aren’t paying student loans back for the rest of their lives.
Seven Things that Make You Angry
1. Whiners. Ugh. Quit your belly aching. It never got anyone anywhere.
2. Politicians. I don’t identify with any of them. Forget about party alliances. They all make me mad.
3. Slow people. I am my rudest when I am around slow people. I just plow right on through. I can’t help it.
4. The parking spot hogs on our street. Apparently Alex and I are the only people on our street that work a full day, because by the time we get home, we’re always stuck parking really, really far away from our house. It’s so unfair.
5. Lazy people. GET TO WORK!!!
6. The weather in Maryland from June to September. It’s so humid that you can cut it with a knife.
7. Along those same lines, let’s just add the metro DC rush hour traffic to this list. You make my life miserable for two hours every day.
Seven Things that You Neglect to Do
1. Brush my teeth at bedtime
2. Floss. Ever.
3. Clean my car, except for maybe once a month when it starts to get embarrassing.
4. Work out. Well, this is a newly neglected part of my life. I haven’t worked out since mid-September. In my defense, I’ve been sick. And injured. Still, this is getting bad.
5. Steam and iron my clothes. I’ll wait until I’m left with only the wrinkled options, cause a big scene, and then maybe take out the steamer.
6. Reply to text messages. I’m terrible at this one.
7. Make time to read. I keep books by my bed. They aren’t reading themselves….
Seven Worldly Material Desires
1. My dream house.
2. A front row seat at Les Mis on opening night this spring. I haven’t seen the show live since studying abroad in London.
3. A lifetime of airline tickets to anywhere in the world. Better yet, let’s find me a private jet. And a crew to go along with it.
4. Unlimited spending accounts at J.Crew, Anthropologie, Kate Spade, and Nordstrom.
5. Diamonds. Big, flawless, loose diamonds. I’ll figure out what to do with them later.
6. The Canon 14mm 2.8L ultra-wide angle lens.
7. And, to go with that lens, a new camera body. Preferably a 5D.
Seven Guilty Pleasures
1. Online shopping.
2. The bubbly stuff. Gets me every time. Champagne, prosecco…. you name it, I’m in trouble.
4. Homemade chocolate chip cookies.
5. The snooze button. Yeeup. So guilty of it.
6. Essie nail polish.
7. Dining out. Goodness, I’d save so much money if I didn’t enjoy a good restaurant at least once a week.
Seven Things You Love About Love (I chose quotes)
1. I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love. Mother Teresa.
2. You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams. Dr. Seuss
3. It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages. Friedrich Nietzsche
4. Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love. Rainer Maria Rilke
5. So, I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you. Paulo Coelho
6. How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard. A.A. Milne
7. Love is a temporary madness; it erupts like volcanoes and then subsides. And when it subsides you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Louis de Bernieres (This was read at our wedding and you can read the entire passage in yesterday’s post)
If you’d like to link up with Shane, head over here!